Littledown School is part of The Specialist Education Trust.
About Littledown School
Littledown School is a small special school and alternative provision (55 pupils) for primary aged pupils (5-11yrs) with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. In addition to providing education for pupils with education health and care plans, part of the school’s remit is to also offer a continuum of provision and support for primary-aged pupils across the Local authority in order to support mainstream schools and reduce exclusions. Littledown school is part of the Specialist Education Trust which also includes a cross phase traded behaviour support service (SEBDOS).
Our most recent section 8 Ofsted report (Feb 2020) states that:
“Littledown School continues to be a good school. Staff have high expectations of pupils. The School provides well for pupils’ wider personal development.”
We are looking to appoint a confident, inspirational and capable Head teacher to lead our school, following the retirement of the current head teacher.
The prospective candidate should have;
- Significant leadership experience working with SEMH pupils in a special school environment
- Have a sound and well-developed philosophy for inclusion and removing barriers to achievement.
- Be a strategic thinker, able to turn creative ideas into practical solution focused actions.
- Have a track record of effectively inspiring and leading a team to manage change
- Be passionate about driving forward improvement to achieve excellence in education
- A challenging but happy positive caring ethos and working atmosphere
- Friendly children, who need a little extra help
- A highly committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- An excellent opportunity for professional and career development
Informal visits and telephone questions are welcomed.
If you are committed to inclusion for all, and have the resilience and enthusiasm to lead the ongoing development of this successful school, we would like to hear from you.
Although demanding this post is exciting and rewarding for the right candidate. The successful candidate must have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact:
Helen Murray at Littledown School, Queens Road, Slough, Berks SL1 3QW.
Or telephone: 01753 521734 for an application form or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting further details.
Closing date: 13 April 2020 (2pm) Interview date: 24 April 2020
Start date: September 2020
It is the policy of this School to obtain references prior to interview as part of our commitment to promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all children at this School.