Age range 3 – 11
Number on roll - 990
Uplands Manor Primary School
Salary: Group 5 ISR – L25 – 31 £71,052 - £82,293
(Relocation package of up to £2,500 may be available)
Hours: Full Time – Permanent
Required for January 2018
Uplands Manor is a larger than average four form primary which also has a large thriving nursery of approximately 120 places.
The Governing Body wishes to appoint a Head Teacher with a proven track record of strategic thinking alongside the ability to motivate and inspire pupils, staff, parents and Governors alike. We are very clear in our desire to move to being an Outstanding School
We are looking for an inspirational Head Teacher who can lead the school on our journey from good to outstanding as we complete our growth to four forms in each year.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• a proven ability to inspire others through outstanding leadership skills to enable everyone to achieve their best;
• a clear understanding of the use of current data and its importance in school self-evaluation, improvement and development;
• responsibility for school performance with a clear focus on teaching and learning and pupil achievement;
• outstanding communication skills;
• strong interpersonal skills;
• strategic thinking;
• high expectations of children’s achievements and a dedication to improving life opportunities for children; and
• a track record of working in partnership to motivate and inspire the whole school community.
Our school offers:
• a creative and caring environment;
• a first class Leadership Team, committed to excellence;
• outstanding opportunities for professional development; and
• a welcoming community of Children, Parents, Staff and Governors.
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed by arrangement with the Headteacher’s PA Rebecca Yeomans on 0121 558 1602 ext. 204.
Application packs are available from and should be returned to email@example.com or Debbie Mills, Human Resources Department, Shireland Collegiate Academy, Waterloo Road, Smethwick B66 4ND. Tel No 0121 565 8891
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 22nd September 2017.
Interviews will be held on 26th and 27th September 2017.