Group 6 ISR Leadership Scale required for April 2020
L27 – L33 £75,735 - £87,732 (to rise wef 1 Sep 2019, pay award pending)
The Governing Body of Langley School, a Group 6 school with a truly diverse and comprehensive intake, is now looking for its next inspirational leader, to follow the retirement of our current Headteacher at Easter 2020, after eleven successful years.
Langley is a highly over-subscribed, successful, dynamic, popular, mainstream 11-16 school, supporting approximately 1000 children including 40 children with EHCPs. It is renowned for its holistic care for, and development of both students and staff and is highly regarded for its friendly atmosphere and students’ outstandingly good behaviour.
Governors look to appoint a dynamic Headteacher and our ideal candidate will:
• be an inspirational role model with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• be a successful senior leader with strong management, organisational and listening skills
• be able to recognise current strengths and maintain stability, whilst managing necessary change
• have an excellent understanding of effective strategies for raising attainment and achieving excellence
• inspire confidence and commitment amongst staff and students, to build on existing high expectations, aspirations and outcomes
• maintain outstanding provision for all in this well-rounded, fully inclusive school
• demonstrate commitment and resilience.
In return we can offer:
• the chance to nurture delightful and enthusiastic students
• robust encouragement, support and challenge from the Governing Body
• a welcoming, friendly environment, with a committed and dedicated team of staff
• an experienced, supportive and capable Senior Leadership Team
• clear values that inspire our pupils to achieve and succeed.
Our school’s fundamental principles focus on supporting, challenging and inspiring the whole Langley community ‘to be the best that we can be’. But these are not simply words on paper. Students, staff and governors genuinely give all they can, to bring those principles to life every day. Examinations are critically important, of course, and our students achieve superbly well in them, but we truly believe in developing young people to deal with the tests of their lifetime, not merely to endure a lifetime of tests. Everyone who visits us comments on the special ethos of our school – ‘the Langley way’.
Langley is a wonderful school to work at and learn in and as our most recent Ofsted report suggests: 'Pupils are thoroughly prepared for life in modern Britain' at our school, where the holistic approach to child-centred learning is valued as highly as the outcome`s the students eventually achieve at the end of their time with us.
The Langley purpose - 'to be the best that we can be'
Why? So that our young people are exceptionally well educated
Why? To develop cognitive, social and emotional resilience and resourcefulness
Why? So that our young people are prepared not for a life of tests but for the tests of life
Why? So that everyone fulfils their potential, is courteous and considerate to others and supports their community.
Are you truly passionate about high-quality learning experiences for young people?
Are you driven by students making exceptional progress as people as well as learners?
Are you able to lead, inspire, support, challenge and enthuse colleagues as well as students to be the best that they can be and achieve amazing things together?
If you can answer YES to the above, then please do not hesitate to find out more about Langley.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and we have set aside the following dates:
Thursday 24 October 8.30-9.30am
Tuesday 5 November 8.30-9.30am
Friday 8 November 1.45-2.45pm
To arrange a visit, please telephone us on 0121 706 9771 or email Julie Hannah, Headteacher’s PA via firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosemary Cotton, Business Director on email@example.com
Please find attached a person specification, job description, a letter from our current Headteacher and the necessary application form. We look forward to receiving your application and assure you that it will receive full and thorough consideration from our Governing Body and advisers.
Closing date: Monday 11 November 12.00 midday
Proposed interview dates: Thursday 5 December + Friday 6 December 2019.
Langley School staff, governors and students are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students and staff. Please note that Disclosure & Barring Service clearance at the appropriate level will be required for this post.