Special School for pupils with Severe, Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilities (SPMLD)
Salary: L21 – L27
NOR: 82 with potential to increase to 102 pupils and Group Size
Following the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors of Fiveways School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced leader who will take the school forward to the next phase of its development and expansion whilst providing the best possible education and experiences for all the pupils at the school.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is strong, approachable, compassionate and a supportive leader
- Is knowledgeable and passionate to embrace and build on the outstanding strengths of an expanding school
- Recognises and celebrates the unique nature of working in an SPMLD context
- Has a period of successful experience of leadership in a Special School
- Can share a clear vision and focus on school improvement
We are a Local Authority maintained community Special School in rural South Somerset.
This forward-thinking and well-resourced school benefits from:
- An extensive range of facilities
- Active Governor involvement and support
- A committed teaching and support team with very high standards
- The support of the Fiveways School Trust
- Being nationally renowned and respected, rated Outstanding by Ofsted since 2005
More information about the school can be found on our website http://www.fivewaysschool.co.uk/
Visits to the school are welcomed and should be arranged in advance by contacting the School Office to discuss the practicalities.
For further information and an application form please click the Apply button or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk stating which post and school . If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd April 2021
Start date: 1st September 2021
The school adopts a rigorous approach safeguarding approach to recruitment.
Fiveways Special School