Headteacher – Farnworth CE Primary School
The Governors of Farnworth CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational, and forward thinking Headteacher who has the drive, creativity and commitment to deliver excellence in all areas, and lead our school to outstanding.
We are a large school with a small school feel. The family that is Farnworth ensures that all members of our school community feel welcome, safe and valued.
Our Christian ethos enriches our children whilst encouraging them to make sensible choices and be respectful of others. Underpinned by Christian values, our School stands at the heart of the community with strong links to St Luke’s Church and the Diocese of Liverpool.
Children at our school develop a love of learning in a nurturing and inclusive environment. They experience a broad and meaningful learning journey which celebrates their individuality, whilst challenging and inspiring them to be the best that they can be.
“And the child grew…….” (Luke 2:40) Valuing today, ready for tomorrow.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is an excellent leader who creates an environment in which children strive to achieve their best and flourish emotionally, spiritually, academically and socially, so they are well prepared for life in an everchanging world.
- Will use their innovative and enthusiastic leadership qualities to support the strong teamwork of the school and ensure our dedicated staff continue to thrive, grow and develop.
- Is an outstanding educator, passionate about teaching and learning and able to instil and nurture this in all children and staff.
- Will fully embrace and model our School’s core Christian values.
- Has the vision, enthusiasm and energy to continue to grow the school’s profile within the local community.
- Is approachable with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels through excellent communication skills.
- Is fully committed to promoting and embracing the Christian ethos of our school (SIAMS rated Outstanding in 16/5/2016.)
- Will be a champion of the highest standards of safeguarding and promoting the positive health, and wellbeing of pupils & staff.
- Is excited by the proposition of leading our wonderful school.
- The opportunity to lead a Good school (Ofsted report 2018) with a great team of dedicated and professional staff.
- A large school that has a family feel with enthusiastic, happy and confident children with outstanding attendance and behaviour, who enjoy a safe and secure learning environment.
- A creative and nurturing environment that supports and enhances our Christian and inclusive ethos. (IQM - Centre of Excellence Review June 26 2018)
- An experienced, committed and supportive Governing body.
- A firm commitment to your personal development and well -being.
- A well-established, proactive and passionate PTA.
- A school with a strong sporting and creative heritage.
As a Church school, prospective candidates should either be a practising member of The Church of England or other Christian community or be able to demonstrate a sympathetic appreciation of the values held by the Church of England and understand how to develop the distinctiveness and effectiveness of a Church school.
The Governing body is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the positive welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school between 9.30am & 2.30pm on Friday 6th of September 2019 and should arrange an appointment via the school office on 0151 424 3042.
Please note formal school documents will only be released to shortlisted candidates if required for the selection process.
Closing date for application is midnight on Wednesday11th September 2019.
Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 17th September 2019.
Selection process and interviews will take place on Monday 23rd &Tuesday 24th September. Please note further shortlisting will take place after day 1 of selection process.
Application forms and further details must be obtained from and returned to:
Edsential School Governance Team, Whitby Hall Lodge,
Cheshire CH65 6QY
or email: email@example.com Telephone: 0151 541 2170 (Ext. 2002).