HEADTEACHER : Leadership Spine L15 – L21 (depending upon experience)
Location: St Mary's C of E Primary Academy, Hunslet, Leeds
Contract: Permanent from September 2021 (or earlier if possible)
Following the retirement of the current headteacher, governors and trustees seek to appoint an energetic and highly motivated senior leader for the above position. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to “make their mark” in leading school improvement, enhance their career and make a significant positive difference to St Mary’s Church of England Primary Academy and the close community that it serves.
The Christian ethos at St Mary’s is of central importance to governors, trustees and other stakeholders. We are seeking a headteacher who will ensure that this Christian ethos, and associated values, are effectively promoted and upheld.
St Mary’s CoE Primary Academy joined the Collaborative Learning Trust on 1st February 2020. The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to work as part of this growing Trust, which places children at the very centre of everything that it does, to share knowledge, skills and expertise in order to secure the highest quality education provision for all our pupils www.collaborativelearningtrust.com. St Mary’s is the first Church school in the Collaborative Learning Trust and therefore the person appointed will also have opportunity to help shape this aspect across the Trust.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of excellent leadership and management and the knowledge and skills to:
• Create a Christian vision and robust strategies to successfully develop and improve our school
• Inspire, lead and support a highly committed team of teaching and associate staff
• Build positive relationships with the school’s pupils, staff, parents, governors and the wider community
• Work positively and collaboratively with senior leaders across our Trust
• Make the most of the high-quality professional development available through the Trust
• Engage all our pupils in a broad, balanced, creative and challenging curriculum so that they are happy and achieve their potential within a caring Christian community
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. We aim for diversity within our workforce.
Closing date Friday 29 January 2021 at 12.00 noon
For more information and the online application form please click on the 'Staff Vacancies' tab at www.stmarysprimary-hunslet.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Collaborative Learning Trust
- English secondary schools