We are looking for an energetic, passionate leader to be the new Headteacher of Stamford Welland Academy from summer term 2018 or sooner. This is an ideal opportunity for those looking for a first Headship position. In collaboration with the Executive Principal, who will be taking on a strategic role thanks to the current and future growth of the school, you will encourage an infectious and confident culture of achievement and experience where very child is known, valued and supported to achieve in all areas.
Stamford Welland Academy is a ‘good’ non-selective 11-16 academy supported by the ethos and values of the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT). The school is set to be oversubscribed for Year 7 in 2018 and has been given permission to open a ‘sixth-form’ in the near future.
Stamford Welland Academy and CMAT can offer you:
· motivated staff and students in a popular school with a strong community presence
· a post that will grow with you and the potential for future progression both within this role and in the wider trust
· working with a dynamic Executive Principal and an enthusiastic and supportive leadership team
· the support of the wider trust network of experts and access to informal and formal professional development
· CMAT’s Institute of Education promoting teaching and leadership development
· Attractive location in the Georgian market-town of Stamford
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
We encourage you to contact us for an informal discussion about this post before you apply. Visits to the school are most welcome prior to application. Please contact Tara George on 01780 761051 or TGeorge@stamfordwellandacademy.org.
To apply for this role please complete the application form on our website: https://www.eteach.com/microsite/contentpage.aspx?empno=40397&pagetype=-10
to be received by midday on Monday 8 January 2018.
Your formal letter of application (supporting statement on the application form) should be no more than two sides of A4 and should address the selection criteria and person specification.
Closing date and shortlisting: 12pm, Monday 8 January 2018
Interview dates: Monday 15 & Tuesday 16 January 2018
Executive Principal: Anthony Partington
Chief Executive Officer: Mark Woods
Stamford Welland Academy, Green Lane, Stamford, PE9 1HE
T: 01780 761000