Headteacher: Stockland Church of England Primary Academy
The Board of Governors of Stockland (C of E) Primary Academy is looking to appoint an innovative and inspirational Headteacher to lead this outstanding stand-alone academy.
Stockland (C of E) Primary Academy is a small village school with 112 children, located in the heart of the Devon countryside. Over the past seven years we have taken full advantage of academy freedoms and developed a rich and varied pedagogy with a sound research base. This has enabled us to promote a love of both learning and challenge. The children make excellent progress and achieve consistently high standards of academic attainment.
We are looking for a leader with:
- Excellent senior management experience and skills at primary level
- A strong and broad skill set required to manage all aspects of an academy
- A passion for creativity and research based practice
- Clarity of vision and experience of strategic planning
- The ability to inspire and engage children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community
- The ability to maintain and develop meaningful collaborations with other educational providers and organisations
- An outstanding skill set as a teacher, delivering a teaching commitment of 0.1- 0.3 full time equivalent hours per week, subject to the ongoing needs of the Academy
- The commitment and expertise to effectively safeguard the wellbeing of children.
What we can offer:
- Enthusiastic and responsive children who are eager to learn and succeed
- A committed and creative teaching and support staff with experience of implementing research based practice
- Exceptional P.E and sport provision with full and varied fixture lists and a firm reputation as a school which values the many benefits of sport
- Extensive grounds including ponds, a wetland meadow, copses, fields, forest school and garden
- Exceptional links with the community
- Supportive parents/carers
- Skilled and committed governors.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity and to receive an application pack and further information (or to arrange an informal visit) please download the application pack from TES and/or email Abbe Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01404 881456.
Closing Date for applications is 5.00pm on the 5th March 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for interview on 27th March and 28th March 2018.
Stockland Primary Academy is an equal opportunities employer.
Stockland (C of E) Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to actively share in this commitment. The school follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable young people and the appointment is subject to the receipt of good references and an enhanced DBS check.