Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher we are looking for an engaging, strategic leader who will build on our strong foundations and sustain the positive learning culture and success of our recently expanded school. Awarded 'Good' by Ofsted in 2016, the governing body, staff, pupils and parents are looking for a Headteacher with vision, creativity and enthusiasm to lead us in our commitment in delivering outstanding education and an enjoyable environment in which to learn and work. The school recently welcomed the inclusion of Year 5 and 6 cohorts and is looking forward to continuing its development as a 4-11 primary school.
Our Headteacher will be:
- an outstanding communicator committed to raising standards and pupil outcomes
- highly aspirational, forward thinking and lead by example with enthusiasm and creativity
- a proven leader, with excellent qualifications and a successful track record of delivering school improvements and managing change
- committed to empowering and challenging children and staff to fulfil their potential, including through the provision of high quality professional development
- confident and effective in leading on the use of monitoring and assessment data to drive further improvement in pupil outcomes
- enthusiastic and ready to embrace the opportunities and challenges that will arise in the future development of our school.
In addition, our Headteacher will:
- undertake the role of Chair of the Guildhall Feoffment Pre-school Management Committee
- continue the professional association with the Lark Teaching School
- maintain an outward-facing school which fosters engagement with other schools and the wider community, including reviewing the opportunity to become an academy and join a multi-academy trust.
We are proud to offer:
- a much-loved traditional school with lots of charm and character, located in the beautiful town centre of Bury St Edmunds
- a consistently high achieving school with outstanding features
- happy, enthusiastic children who have a wonderfully positive attitude to school life and a love of learning
- a high-quality, learning environment and facilities
- a highly trained, dedicated and reflective staff who have a desire to succeed collectively and for our children to be happy and healthy
- a supportive governing body committed to success.
Roll: 374 (4 - 11)
You are warmly encouraged to visit the school. Visits can be arranged by contacting Lesley Glasswell, Office Manager on (01284) 754840.
For further information and an application pack please contact Headteacher Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01473) 263943.
Closing date: midday, 19 February 2018.
Interview dates: 6 / 7 March 2018.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.
GUILDHALL FEOFFMENT PRIMARY SCHOOL BURY ST EDMUNDS IP33 1RE