Polesden Lacey Infant School is a small and friendly eco-school, with three classes and an independent Playschool sharing the same site. We are a popular, vibrant school-of-choice in the local community, and one of few dedicated infant schools. We are graded Outstanding by OFSTED, and have won many national awards for our ecological initiatives, healthy living and high teaching standards. The school is in a picturesque setting in the Surrey Hills near the National Trust’s Polesden Lacey estate in Bookham, Leatherhead, Surrey.
Following the retirement of our well-respected and long-standing Headteacher, we are seeking an inspirational Headteacher for our happy and successful school, who:
- Has a passion for early education and the importance of children’s formative years
- Has strong leadership qualities with a proven record of managing significant educational responsibilities in an Early Years and\or Key Stage 1 setting
- Will value our children and staff and take pride in their hard work and achievements
- Will champion an exceptional learning environment through encouragement, praise and by instilling a sense of fun
- Promotes a positive ethos, maintains a culture of excellence, and can establish trust and respect
- Has the ability to engage proactively with other schools and the local community to forge successful partnerships that benefit all
We can offer you:
- An influential role in a small successful infant school where everyone has a large part to play
- Children who are confident and thoughtful, with a desire to learn
- A team of dedicated and highly qualified professionals, where we see a large ratio of teaching staff to pupils as key factor of our success
- Parents and carers who actively support the school
- A professional and committed governing body which provides a high level of support and believes in a very broad curriculum
- A well-resourced school with an excellent outdoor learning environment
- Flexible 4-day a week contract, supported by an experienced Deputy.
- Start date of September 2019.
- Salary commensurate with experience, with progression up to L16.
You are welcome to visit the school. Appointments can be arranged by contacting the school office on (01372) 456533.
Please complete the application form, and send FAO Ross Butler, Chair of Governors, to email@example.com, marked CONFIDENTIAL.
The application process closes on Wednesday 21st November at midday.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be informed on 23rd November, and interviews will take place on Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th December 2018.
Polesden Lacey Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and verification of identity and qualifications.
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.