St Margaret’s Academy is a two form entry school with an Enhanced Provision for Hearing Impaired children in the coastal town of Torquay.
We can offer you:
- A successful and thriving school with enthusiastic and happy children
- A school community that is inclusive and nurturing, where every child can flourish
- A ‘No labels, no limits’ approach to teaching and learning where aspiration and a Growth Mindset are promoted
- A hardworking team who are committed to making the school day fun and engaging for the children
- A developing educational culture of ‘open classrooms’ as a basis for sharing good practice
- A school where the health and well-being of all stakeholders is valued
- A well-resourced school with excellent grounds that offer opportunities for Outdoor Learning
- A school in a secure financial position with a committed and active Governing Body
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
Is an enthusiastic, visionary leader with a creative approach to learning
Is committed to the caring and nurturing environment that characterises our school
Will demand ambitious standards for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality
Has the skills to support the professional development of all staff members, and has an ability to identify emerging talents and coach current and aspiring leaders
Can build effective parent partnerships and make strong community links
Has experience of managing budgets to ensure the school finances remain sound in the future
Welcomes strong governance and can actively support the governors to deliver their functions effectively
We welcome applications from Deputy Headteachers and experienced Headteachers as well as other senior leaders who can demonstrate the required skills and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to visit the school at one of the following times - please telephone the school on 01803 327090 to make arrangements:
- 19th June 09.30 to 10.30
- 19th June 13.30 to 14.30
- 21st June 09.30 to 10.30
- 21st June 13.30 to 14.30
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such all applicants will be required to submit details of two referees who will be contacted in advance of interviews for shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact the Academy by emailing email@example.com for an application form, person specification and job description.
Completed application forms to be returned to the school on or before the closing date: Midday on Wednesday 27th June, 2018
Date of interview - Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th July, 2018
St Margaret’s Academy,
Pupils on Roll: 417