Brooklands Primary is a happy, friendly and successful school. We have a committed team of talented staff, very supportive parents and a strong, committed Governing Board. Our wonderful children are all eager to learn and develop. This is an exciting time to join our school following a £4.8m extension enabling us to become a 3-form entry school. The school has 624 pupils on roll, this will increase to 664 pupils in September 2020.
The current Headteacher is moving on to a new Headship after five very successful years. We are looking for a candidate who is a dynamic and dedicated team player and is knowledgeable about children’s learning.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate an extensive proven track record of successful leadership and management;
- have extensive experience of EYFS, KS1 and KS2;
- possess skills and expertise to continue to develop the highest standards of teaching and learning;
- demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- be approachable, caring and have integrity
- have the ability to work collaboratively;
- possess strong financial management skills
- possess the ability to inspire staff and pupils and champion success for all;
- have the commitment to further develop our strong partnerships with parents, governors and the community;
- have the skills to build on the expertise of our existing dedicated and highly committed team;
- be fully involved in and passionate about all aspects of school life
- have the vision and skills to build on already high standards, further develop staff and deliver a curriculum for excellence.
We can offer you:
- a very successful, popular school with a welcoming, caring atmosphere and ethos;
- a creative and nurturing environment;
- established, skilled, dedicated and supportive staff;
- happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning;
- a committed and supportive board of governors which provides an appropriate level of challenge;
- parents who provide active and enthusiastic support to the school;
- a school that has long occupied a strong place in the local community.
You are warmly welcome to visit our school and arrangements can be made by telephoning the school office on 0161 973 3758 to arrange an appointment.
All application forms should be returned to John Nish, Trafford Primary Advisor, by email to John.Nish@trafford.gov.uk
The post will be effective from September 2020.
Brooklands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this post.
Closing date: 17th April 2020
Shortlisting: 21st April 2020
Interviews: 27/28th April 2020