This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, committed and forward-thinking person to lead our wonderful school.
Sacred Heart is a co-educational Catholic day school for 120 children aged 2-11, located in the rural East Sussex village of Wadhurst. Our school has a proud history and tradition which sits comfortably alongside our modern and forward-thinking values and ambitions. There is a clear commitment to excellence in everything we do. The Board of Governors seek to appoint a new Headteacher to succeed our current Head who is retiring following 14 years of exceptional leadership.
The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic who understands the distinctive nature of Catholic education and is passionate about maintaining and developing the Catholic ethos of our school.
You will have proven senior leadership skills with the ambition, creativity and skill set to build on our school’s many strengths and provide the strategic vision that will take us to the next level. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential in order to inspire staff, parents and pupils to aim for excellence across all aspects of the school.
We can offer:
- a warm welcome from our vibrant community
- engaged and happy pupils who enjoy learning and behave well, committed and supportive colleagues who encourage innovation and creativity
- a very engaged parents group
- a fully supportive and active governing body with a wide range of skills
- an inclusive community, which is centred on Christ's teachings and shared Gospel values
- a well resourced and financially stable school
Visits to the school for prospective candidates are both recommended and warmly welcomed. Even if you have not been considering a move, why not come and visit us to find out more about this great opportunity to be a leader in our community.
School visits by appointment : 10am Monday 11th and Monday 18th January 2021
Closing Date: 9am Monday 25th January 2021
Interview: Thursday 4th February 2021
For an informal discussion about the role, to request a candidate information pack and book a visit contact Dion Mills on 07899 063321 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacred Heart is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and a medical report.
Sacred Heart School
wadhurst, East Sussex
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years