Pontefract Academies Trust is seeking to appoint a Headteacher at The Rookeries Junior, Infant & Nursery School for September 2020
Salary: Leadership range 16-20
We are seeking an exceptional individual with the passion and rigour to lead The Rookeries Junior, Infant & Nursery School through the next chapter in its history. If, as a first-time or existing Head, you believe that you offer leadership which inspires and motivates others towards excellence and which will ensure the very best education for our children, then we would love to hear from you. The school is looking to further the quality of education and accelerate outcomes of all pupils so that they have every chance to succeed in life.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the desire and ability to achieve aspirational targets for high standards of progress, attainment and behaviour across the school.
• Have a very good understanding of what makes an exceptional school and the skills, character and resilience to develop this.
• Be a first-class teacher. As the leader of teaching and learning, we are looking for someone who knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and knows how to achieve it so that pupils of all abilities know and remember more.
• Be fully in tune and excited with the direction of the Trust, with a recognition that formally aligned systems, approaches and practices across all primary practice will drive standards for the young people of Pontefract.
• Have strong leadership, management and communication skills to motivate a staff team, pupil body and community, to secure rapid and sustainable improvement.
We do not expect you to do this alone. This post offers the opportunity to be a senior leader that benefits from a Multi-Academy Trust that has rapidly improved outcomes across its portfolio of eight schools. The Trust is in the top 10% of trusts in the country for primary attainment in combined outcomes. You will enjoy the support and challenge of an Executive Leadership Team and will benefit from tight working relationships across all school leaders in the Trust.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a locality-based Trust that is moving forwards at pace.
For a private and confidential conversation about the role prospective candidates are advised to contact Julian Appleyard OBE, the CEO of the Trust. Please email Jade Mountain, PA to the CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the following website for further information:
You can access the Trust’s Strategic Plan 2020-22 here:
Completed application forms should be returned either by post or email to email@example.com by Tuesday 14th April 2020 at 10:00.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.