Due to retirement, we are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will both embrace the strengths of the past and rise to the challenges of the future, bringing drive and ambition and providing the highest standard of leadership.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and exceptional Headteacher with a clear vision to build on our excellent reputation and growing success.
Located in close proximity of J40 of the M1 and rated as outstanding at our last inspection, we are a forward-thinking school with a great deal to offer our new Headteacher.
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an effective leader with a proven track record, who;
- Is an inspirational, enthusiastic and motivational leader, team player and manager who can inspire children and staff to reach their full potential
- Has the ability to promote effective engagement with parents and the wider community
- Has a good understanding of all aspects of school management, including a sound knowledge of financial management
- Is a successful and experienced teacher with high expectations and the capacity to further develop strategies that will enable progression of every child’s learning.
In return, we can offer you;
- A welcoming school with happy children who have an exemplary attitude to learning.
- A dedicated and experienced staff team with a high degree of commitment to the school
- An active and committed Governing Body that provides key support and challenge
Visits to school are welcome and encouraged, following all social distancing guidelines, and these may be arranged by contacting Donna Parker, School Business Manager on 01924 367396 to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit. We also strongly recommend that you take a look at our school website.
For further information and to apply, please visit: http://getahead.wakefield.gov.uk
Completed application forms should be submitted on-line by Friday 5th March 2021
Shortlisting: Thursday 11th March 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th March 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure application to the Disclosure and Disbarring Service and satisfactory pre-employment checks and references will be required. Shortlisted candidates will also be required to make a declaration under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations.
For further information about Wakefield Council please visit https://www.wakefield.gov.uk/
Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Line on 0345 8506506 (typetalk calls welcome) or email: email@example.com.
Wakefield Snapethorpe Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years