Handsworth Primary School is looking to recruit a new Headteacher.
Handsworth Primary School is a welcoming, inclusive and culturally diverse two-form-entry school with its own nursery. It is a happy, thriving learning community, where diversity is celebrated and aspirations are encouraged. At the heart of Highams Park within walking distance of Epping Forest, Handsworth is in the flourishing London Borough of Waltham Forest which, this year, is proud to be the Borough of Culture.
Handsworth is heavily over-subscribed, is the school of choice in the local area and is well supported by the parents and wider community. Handsworth has confident and enthusiastic children who make good progress and whose attainment is above the national average. We have an established and robust Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body and dedicated hard-working staff.
The school maintained its ‘good’ judgement following the Ofsted inspection last year. We are committed to school improvement and have introduced innovative methods of teaching and learning. Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and forward-thinking leader who has strategic vision, will build on our current success and bring fresh ideas and approaches.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to communicate and drive a clear strategic vision for the school to enhance its current effectiveness
- Is an inspirational leader who will maintain the highest of standards and continue to raise levels of achievements for all children through exceptional leadership and management
- Has high expectations for the achievement of every child and a firm commitment to pupil well-being and resilience
- Is committed to parent partnerships, works collaboratively, inspiring all stakeholders in the school community
- Is passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives within a diverse community
- Is resilient, adaptable and will promote a broad and balanced curriculum to meet all our children’s needs
- Will manage the resources available to achieve best value for money
In return we will offer:
- Happy, confident children who love to learn
- A fully supportive, skilled and proactive governing body who work in partnership with you
- A highly skilled senior leadership team, ready to work with you to achieve the best possible outcomes for the school and its pupils
- A culture of investment in CPD and a drive for continual improvement
- A strong, cohesive and dedicated staff team who are fully committed to the school and its pupils
- A happy, thriving learning community, where diversity is celebrated and aspirations are encouraged
- A community-minded school, a supportive and connected parent body and an active PTA
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher with substantial experience of leading a school to build on our current successes.
For a confidential conversation or to arrange a school visit please contact Ross Laird at Academicis on (Direct) 01223 907 977, (Switch board) 01223 907 979, (Mobile) 07901585959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All completed applications to be sent to Ross Laird via email: email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday 24th April.
This school is committed to providing equality of opportunity, recruiting with care and to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment is subject to a satisfactory pre-employment checks and an enhanced DBS check.