All leaders in the school, including governors, are committed to providing a broad curriculum for pupils. This can be seen in all classrooms, where pupils enjoy the topics that they study. Pupils are provided with a range of enriching experiences that enhance classroom learning’ Ofsted, 2017
We are looking to appoint an exceptional leader with a proven track record of developing a rich and diverse curriculum and improving educational outcomes.
Working in collaboration with the school’s leadership team and its governors, you will provide exceptional strategic and operational leadership to raise standards and deliver high quality learning and teaching for our children at our 3FE two-site school.
Stoneydown Park Primary School is a fantastic primary school located in Walthamstow and London’s first borough of Culture, Waltham Forest. The school’s two sites are adjacent to each other next to a delightful community park. The school is close to underground and rail stations and integrated into the neighbourhood’s Mini-Holland cycle network.
We are a vibrant school that helps our children to be happy, confident, life-long learners. Our ethos and values focus on being at the heart of the community, being creative with our learning, and constantly challenging ourselves, we believe there are no limits to what we can achieve.
The school was Ofsted rated ‘good’ in 2017 which reflected the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our children. The headteacher role presents a great opportunity to build on this success and progress the school to the next level while working with a broad and creative curriculum. You will be supported by an experienced leadership team, strong governance and a committed staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a very clear understanding of what makes a great school and the skills and character required to develop this
- Demonstrate evidence of truly effective leadership at a whole school level
- Be a highly effective team player and leader
- Be committed to delivering a broad and creative curriculum
- Have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives
- Have the ability to lead and contribute to the vision of the School
- Be highly resilient, with relentless determination to succeed and drive change
- Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our children, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
- Develop an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported to develop their own skills and subject knowledge and to support each other
- Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful.
We can offer:
- A high achieving ‘good’ rated school with outstanding features (July 2017)
- A friendly and supportive team with excellent teaching
- Well-motivated, happy and friendly children who enjoy their learning and their school
- Two fantastic sites and extremely well-resourced learning environments
- A forward-thinking school which welcomes fresh ideas
- A supportive parental community who work alongside the school
- An active and outstanding governing body
- Opportunities for high quality professional development.
Ideally the candidate would take up post in time from the new academic year in September, however, for the right candidate we would be prepared to defer the start date until January 2020.
We are an open school and are keen to engage with prospective candidates so they can fully appreciate what a great school we are and the excellent opportunity this role represents.
We would welcome visits to look around the school, while our chair of governors would be happy to speak with prospective candidates ahead of applying.
To arrange a visit or call with our chair please contact the Office Manager, Tracey Palmer on 0208 520 7026 or 020 8521 3839 to arrange.
More information about our school can be found at www.stoneydownpark.org.uk
How to Apply:
For an application pack download the documents below or contact the Office Manager, Tracey Palmer on: 0208 520 7026 or 020 8521 3839 or email: email@example.com
All completed application forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms: Friday 26th April 2019 at 12 noon
Visit dates for the school (by prior arrangement):
Wednesday 24th April;
Friday 26th April;
Friday 3rd May.
Interviews: Wednesday 8th May
Final short list interviews: 9th May
Keeping children safe
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability including an enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure.
References will be requested for those short listed prior to interview.
Diversity and inclusion
We are passionate about putting together a diverse team of skilled and motivated individuals from a range of backgrounds. We consider diversity to embody all the differences - life experiences, work experiences, perspectives, cultures, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, religion, class, sexual orientation and other aspects of life. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring that all applicants are treated fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background.
School website: www.stoneydownpark.org.uk