Ridgeway School is a primary special school for pupils with complex needs. We have 122 wonderful children with a beautiful building and excellent facilities. An Ofsted inspection in November 2016 graded us ‘good’.
Our dynamic and highly effective Head Teacher is sadly leaving us after a successful five years in post. We need an experienced and committed leader who will build on the excellent work and developments that she has begun.
It is an extremely exciting time for the school as we progress activities to join an academy trust. We are seeking an inspirational leader who can demonstrate full commitment to this.
Applicants should have:
- A clear vision and passion for special education
- The very highest standards and expectations for yourself and everyone around you
- Outstanding leadership and management qualities to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower others
- The courage and skills to lead and support innovation in a culture of high expectations
- The ability to maintain and develop our special school at the centre of our local community
In return, we will offer you:
- A dedicated, hard-working staff team keen to build on the school’s existing strengths
- A supportive Governing Body committed to continuous improvement
- The opportunity to enjoy the challenge of having a positive impact on the lives of children with a wide range of special needs
- The opportunity to innovate within a well-resourced, purpose-built school
We all believe that our school is a wonderful and exciting place to be and we know that we have the most incredible children. All of us here are learning all of the time. If you have the very highest standards and expectations for yourself and everyone around you, a passion for learning and developing and believe that working with children is the greatest privilege anyone can ever have, then we think you will love it here too.
The Governing Body and Warwickshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Headteachers must ensure that the highest priority is given to following guidance and regulations to safeguarding children and young people.
We are extremely proud of our school and our pupils, and visits to the school are strongly encouraged. We are offering tours of school on the following dates:
Wednesday 11th July, Thursday 12th July & Friday 13th July
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please email the current Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return your completed application form along with any accompanying information via email to the Chair of Governors at: email@example.com
Please note: School is closed during the summer holidays and post is kept safe by Royal Mail, therefore all applications and attachments must be sent on email to guarantee arriving by the closing date.
For further information on the school including self-evaluation summary, please see www.ridgewaysch.co.uk.
Closing date : Noon, Monday 6th August 2018
Interviews : Wednesday 12th September 2018
Ridgeway School, Deansway, Warwick, CV34 5DF
Tel : 01926 491987 Fax : 01926 836959
Website : www.ridgewaysch.co.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure.