Leadership Scale L8 – L21
(Range to be determined on experience)
Generous Relocation Package available
Required: September 2021
This is an excellent opportunity to join Speenhamland School, a happy, caring primary school within the Newbury Academy Trust. We are looking for an inspirational colleague who can make a difference to our whole school community, building on Speenhamland’s ethos and values. In return we invest in your career, provide a bespoke CPD package, opportunities to lead across the Trust and the wider local area, and a comprehensive staff benefits package, including covering relocation costs.
Speenhamland School is a place where children are excited and challenged to achieve their full potential. As part of the Newbury Academy Trust, Speenhamland enjoys the benefits of being in a supportive and collaborative family of schools. We encourage children to develop enquiring minds, enjoy their learning and feel proud of their achievements. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, compassionate leader who has the skills to drive achievement and further develop the whole school.
We are looking for a leader who will:
- Demonstrate a passion and ability to lead the school, further developing our curriculum, and excellent teaching and learning.
- Lead by example as an excellent classroom teacher and nurture the talents of colleagues.
- Be an excellent communicator to engage and serve the whole school and wider community.
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to drive forward new initiatives that demonstrate a positive impact.
- Bring drive and ambition to the classroom and to wider school life.
- Be committed to the further development of the Newbury Academy Trust.
Visits to view the school are welcome by appointment. Please telephone 01635 41077 to book your visit or speak to the Executive Headteacher of the Trust, Dr Charlotte Wilson.
If you feel that you have the experience, passion and drive for the role, we would like to hear from you. Application is by letter and application form to Mrs S Loy, Chair of Trustees, the latter to include the names and addresses of two appropriate referees. Further details can be obtained from Mrs Burgess on 01635 41077, by email to email@example.com or visit the school’s website www.speenhamlandprimary.co.uk
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, along with other pre-employment checks.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th May 2021 by midday
Interviews: W/C Monday 24th May 2021
Speenhamland School, Pelican Lane, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 1NU
Tel: 01635 41077
Speenhamland School is part of the Newbury Academy Trust
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years