Headteacher for Brookfields School, an Outstanding Specialist SEN School
Dates: Applications must be received by 0800 Monday 10th January
Salary: Group 7 School. Salary commensurate to experience of candidate
Location: Sage Road, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG31 6SW
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
“Brookfields is a remarkably friendly and welcoming school. Staff are highly skilled. They know pupils exceptionally well. Staff understand pupils’ needs precisely. Pupils told us that they really like their school and described it as ‘the best’. They feel happy and safe here because they know that adults care about them” (OfSTED 2019).
We are looking for more than Headteacher, more than an outstanding leader; we are looking for an inspirational and multi-talented professional who is dedicated to making a lasting and positive difference to the lives of our pupils and their families. You will have great leadership and communication skills, a deep understanding of SEND curriculum and pedagogy, be enthusiastic, inspirational and empathic, have resilience, vision and a commitment to the whole school community.
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors, pupils, families and staff are looking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher to join this highly successful special school to lead into the future.
Brookfields School has been judged by OfSTED as outstanding on four consecutive occasions and is known nationally and locally for their innovative approach to curriculum, pedagogy and the way it supports pupils and their families. Brookfields School is an oversubscribed, thriving, vibrant and happy place of learning. We have 241 pupils on role aged from 3 to 19 who have the primary need of a learning difficulty (MLD, SLD, PMLD). Some pupils have additional needs such as ASD, ADHD, VI, HI, PD, MSI, SLCN. We provide a personalised education and learning journey for all pupils where entitlement, opportunity and challenge are championed. We value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work.
- have a demonstrable track record of inspirational leadership in raising standards and improving school effectiveness
- have the proven ability to challenge, empower and nurture staff and pupils to ensure that the school remains a leading advocate of teaching, learning and excellence
- have vision and strategic thinking, the ability, creativity, energy and ambition to plan and lead constructive change whilst retaining all that is good about this outstanding school
- be an effective communicator with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating pupils, staff, parents/carers, governors, our neighbouring schools and the wider community
- have an understanding of governance structures, national education strategies and recent and pending changes in education
- have in-depth knowledge of SEN, including the latest developments in pedagogy
- an exciting and challenging role for an aspirational and outstanding leader
- a supportive whole staff team and governing body
- a fantastic pupil population with supportive parents and families
- a competitive salary
- a relocation and benefits package at the discretion of the Governors
- a generous site in a pleasant community location close to the river Thames and the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Rated as outstanding by Ofsted since 2007, Brookfields School offers a tailored and individual education that meets every child’s needs. The current Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team are supported by dedicated staff that include highly effective middle leaders, Teachers and Assistants; knowledgeable administrative staff, an efficient premises team and a committed network of Governors. Professional growth and career development for all are integral to our vision and values; we hold Investors in both Families and People. Diversity is a real strength and the new Headteacher will support an open and inclusive ethos and have a real understanding of the challenges many of our families face.
Closing Date: 0800 Monday 10th January 2022
Interviews: 26th and 27th January 2022
We welcome and highly recommend visits to the School – please contact the Claire Reeves, HR Officer on 0118 942 1382.
For additional information about our school or full details about this role, including application forms, please visit our website http://www.brookfieldsschool.org/community/vacancies/ or contact the Claire Reeves, HR Officer at email@example.com.
Brookfields School is a West Berkshire Local Authority maintained school.
The School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.
Brookfields is a special school with 233 pupils on roll. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care plan and are placed in the school by either the local authority or one of the neighbouring authorities....