Job Reference No: 16367
Manor Green Primary School, Lady Margaret Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 0DU
Salary: ISR – point 23 – 29 £73,661- £85,139
Manor Green Primary is an ‘Outstanding’ Special School in Crawley, West Sussex.
Following the retirement of our Headteacher the Governors wish to appoint an outstanding leader for this successful 2 – 11 age range Generic Special School. Manor Green Primary is an incredibly rewarding place to work and offers a dedicated and skilled team, supportive parents, established local partnerships and of course ‘fantastic children’.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to lead a popular and well respected special school into the future.
Manor Green Primary has 211 pupils on roll with a wide range of additional needs, including SLD, MLD, ASD, Speech, Language, Communication, Social and Emotional Difficulties.
The Governing Body is seeking an exceptionally motivated individual to lead and inspire our enthusiastic and experienced Senior Leadership Team, dedicated teachers and support staff.
The aim of the new Headteacher will be to continue the excellent provision for learners of all abilities, enabling them to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be:
- an experienced and exemplary teacher that smiles has a real sense of fun and ‘joins in’.
- able to demonstrate first-hand experience of senior management and leadership roles.
- have the knowledge and experience to navigate the challenging and complex landscape of special needs provision
- an outstanding communicator
- a coach and mentor to staff and other professionals
- committed to working in partnership with staff, agencies and the wider community
- able to work under pressure whilst retaining a diplomacy and sensitivity to the needs of others in order to pre-empt and defuse occasional testing situations
- creative and innovative, with the vision and drive to lead Manor Green Primary in maintaining its OFSTED rating of 'Outstanding'
You will share our high expectations of pupils' learning and behaviour that underpins the school's vision. In return, you will enjoy strong support for your own further professional development, whilst working alongside highly committed, motivated and supportive colleagues with enthused pupils who enjoy their learning.
Visits are warmly welcomed – please telephone the school office on 01293 526873 to make an appointment.
Please submit your application using the application form with a supporting letter of no more than two sides of A4 when typed. This should tell us how you satisfy the person specification. Please return your completed application form and supporting letter by 12 noon on 8th February 2021 to HRSchoolAdverts@westsussex.gov.uk
Manor Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and all applicants must be willing to undergo screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Interview dates: 10 & 11 March 2021
Manor Green Primary School
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years