A strong school, seeking the right leader!
Christ Church CE VC Primary School in Bradford-on-Avon, a sought-after school with ‘Good’ Ofsted and SIAMS ratings, is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Head Teacher to continue and develop its high standards of education in a welcoming, inspiring and supportive environment.
The Board of Governors invites applications from exceptional leaders with a proven track record of leadership and management, who can demonstrate the skills to
• Effectively lead and manage a large school with well-kept modern buildings, beautiful grounds, and a budget to match;
• Inspire, lead and support a highly skilled and professional teaching staff who are committed to continually improving their approach to teaching, learning and assessment;
• Build positive relationships with the school’s stakeholders: pupils, all staff, Board of Governors, parents, the Parish Church and outside agencies;
• Extend their extensive knowledge of current curriculum development and best practice, as well as the use of technology for blended learning, particularly under current circumstances.
• Create a vision and robust strategies to successfully develop and improve an already thriving school in challenging times;
• Collaborate with a team of dedicated, hard-working governors who aim to support the head teacher’s work and to monitor the school’s progress.
At Christ Church Primary School we provide a broad, balanced, creative and challenging curriculum that encourages all children to achieve their personal best, be rounded individuals, and happy, independent lifelong learners. We would like them to adopt safe and healthy lifestyles, to value and respect themselves and others and to make a positive contribution to society.
We create a tolerant, caring, supportive school which promotes equality and mutual respect and provides a happy, safe and secure environment for all pupils and staff. We foster strong partnerships between home, school, and other services, and we strive for continuous improvement in all we do.
This is an exciting time for a new Head Teacher to join as there are opportunities to further develop the school through its leadership team.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 5 March 2021
Interviews: 16 and 17 March 2021.
The first day of interviews may be via remote video call, depending on the COVID 19 measures in place. Travel expenses will be reimbursed at standard class rate. For those travelling from abroad, these will be from port of entry. For those requiring overnight stay, a maximum of two nights bed and breakfast of £85 per night and £20 per evening meal.
An application pack can be downloaded from the TES or the school’s website, http://www.christchurch.wilts.sch.uk. Please make your application on the official school application form, and submit it by emailing it to email@example.com.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Christ Church of England Controlled Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary controlled funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years