Based in Castlecroft, Wolverhampton, Smestow School was established in 1964 and is an 11-18 learning community with nearly 900 on roll (including 130 in the sixth form).
There is a strong commitment to comprehensive education and a focus on creating an environment that supports continual school improvement and the attainment of all students. The school was recently refurbished under the Building Schools for the Future programme, and converted to Academy status when joining the Education Central Multi Academy Trust, sponsored by the University of Wolverhampton, in 2014.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation that encourages all staff to be the best they can through continuous networking and professional development opportunities through the various family wide events and links to the parent organisation - The University of Wolverhampton.
The Role & Requirements
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, dynamic and entrepreneurial Headteacher whose leadership will transform Smestow School to be a beacon of excellence for staff, students and the wider community. Our ambition is to provide first-class educational experiences for our students to enable them to thrive in all aspects of their lives. Our academy is rich in history and tradition with highly dedicated staff and talented students.
The successful candidate will prove to be an exceptional Headteacher with the following qualities:
• Creativity and innovation with a proven track record of successful leadership
• A strategic, innovative, pro-active thinker with a clear vision for the future
• A passion for learning and for transforming the lives of children through education
• A commitment to working collaboratively to motivate and inspire
• A desire for excellence
• Ability to challenge and empower staff and students to aspire to the highest academic achievements
• A commitment to nurturing the whole child and providing a rounded education experience encompassing different personal and learning needs
• A personable leader with the strength to support staff and students through transition and change
• Dedicated to enhancing the reputation and presence of the school across the city
• A clear vision for engagement and collaboration with governors, parents and the wider school community to make lasting improvements to the school
• Ability to find opportunities within financial constraints to offer a broad curriculum and extra-curricular activities
• Experience of working in a school with high numbers of PPE students
Further information is available in the candidate pack below.
Visits are warmly encouraged. Please contact Julie James on 01902 32 1702 who will arrange this for you.
To apply online, please visit https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/employer/1002/education-central-multi-academy-trust/ and click on the orange 'Apply' button. Alternatively, please complete the application form below and submit to email@example.com
Closing date: 25th February 2018
Interview date: 5th & 7th March 2018
ECMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.