Required to start ASAP
Health and Wellbeing Coach
Scale: SO1 £27,741 – £29,577
Actual Salary: £23,829 – £25,406
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours per week (Term Time Only + 5)
Responsible to: Vice Principal/Assistant Principal
The post is subject to the successful applicant completing a 6-month probationary period.
We seek to appoint an experienced Health and Wellbeing Coach, delivering high quality, personalised coaching and intervention sessions across all phases at The Stephen Longfellow Academy.
Successful applicants will play a pivotal role in the implementation of the health and wellbeing strategies and programme, including supporting the role of the form tutor and promoting the expectations and standards of the academy Alternative Provision Positive Discipline Policy.
Applicants for this post must have:
- Previous experience of coaching children and young people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, establishing constructive partnerships with all stakeholders, ensuring transparency in communication.
- Experience in managing caseloads of students, providing targeted and planned coaching on a one-one and in group based intervention sessions.
- Ability to maintain accurate and efficient records, in order to track and monitor student attendance and progress, in accordance with the academy policies and procedures.
- Positive mental health awareness, promoting this throughout their work for both staff and students.
- Ability to lead staff Continuous Professional Development and training.
- Clear understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- A commitment to safeguarding children.
Please note if you submit an electronic application we will not require a hard copy. CV’s are not accepted.
Closing Date: Thursday 4 March 2021 (9.00am)
Interview Date: Tuesday 9 March 2021
The GORSE Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children and we expect our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service check. We promote diversity and aim to establish a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
The Stephen Longfellow Academy
- Alternative provision with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years