St Joseph’s Institution International School Malaysia (SJIIM) is a Lasallian International School (3 to 18 years). The school opened in September 2016 and currently has a roll of 715 boys and girls. It prepares students for the IGCSE and IB Diploma examinations with an emphasis upon research-based teaching pedagogy and a character-building programme of activities inspired by the school's Lasallian heritage, including service, sport, music, adventure and drama.
St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJI) Malaysia is seeking an outstanding and inspirational specialist High School PE Teacher whose passion and enthusiasm will transform the outcomes of our students. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to join the staff of this ambitious new international school.
PE and Sport are very important to us with all students participating through our curriculum and CCA programme. The school’s main competitive sports include football, basketball, volleyball and swimming. Our students compete in local leagues in the region and international competitions. Other sports and activities feature in our curriculum and in school clubs, including netball, badminton, table tennis, athletics, touch rugby and striking and fielding games. Every student from Year 1 - Year 9 swims each week. IGCSE PE is offered to students in Year 10 - 11.
SJII Malaysia has its own 25m swimming pool, full court indoor gymnasium, astro turf football field, outdoor basketball court and various other sports facilities. The school has access to nearby community sports facilities, including, golf, tennis, badminton, athletics and climbing.
Candidates should be willing to bring passion and love of PE and Sport to an already highly committed team. The candidate’s work ethic must be exemplary. Applicants should have experience of teaching Physical Education within the Year 7 to Year 13 range and demonstrate expertise in coaching two of our four major sports - football, basketball, volleyball, and swimming. The successful candidate should expect to be involved in competitive sports most days after school and occasionally at the weekends.
We are looking for a committed, passionate and knowledgeable professional who will work tirelessly to ensure the best possible teaching of Physical Education.
- To teach pupils assigned to your class within the school and carry out duties as required by the Head of Department
- To promote the Lasallian Mission and Core Values of SJIIM
- Ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reports meet the expectations of the school
- To actively contribute to wider school development and growth
- Demonstrate thorough curriculum knowledge
- Demonstrate a proactive approach towards professional development
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
- A caring, inclusive Lasallian school committed to holistic education
- A school-wide commitment to accelerating and deepening pupils’ learning
- A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
- Excellent professional development opportunities to support the delivery of cutting edge practice
- Highly competitive teachers' pay and conditions
How To Apply:
Either via the TES link or please go to our website: http://www.sji-international.edu.my