UWCSEA is seeking an experienced international educator to take up the position of High School Principal as the pedagogical and organisational leader of the Dover Campus High School. Working with the members of the High School Leadership Team, the High School Principal is responsible to the Head of UWCSEA Dover for the learning programme within the High School.
The UWCSEA Dover High School has around 1,290 students enrolled in Grades 9-12, who join based on one three entry pathways: Grade 9 for two-year IGCSE-based course, Grade 10 for the College's own Foundation IB programme, and in Grade 11 for the two-year UWCSEA High School and IB Diploma programmes.
The High School Principal also works as a member of the Dover Campus Leadership Team and the wider College Learning Leadership Team to ensure unity of purpose within the campus and the College as a whole.
The successful candidate would ideally be available to start in August 2022.
The full position description is available here:
- the education and welfare of the students and teachers in the High School
- the ethos of the High School which should be aligned to the College values and guiding statements and consistent with the defined philosophy and ethos of the UWC movement.
- implementing the College and Campus Strategic Plan in alignment with the other school sections
- use a systems thinking approach to strategic leadership
- proactively maintaining a highly positive relationship between parents of the school
- leading the Learning Programme across the High School
- effectively running the operational aspects of the High School
- ensuring relevant budgets are planned and managed in accordance with the ethos and fiscal parameters of the College
- recruiting high quality teachers and administrators to the High School
- leading on professional development for the High School
- acting as a role model for students and teachers
- developing an environment in which students are challenged and a sense of purpose and enthusiasm for learning and student leadership underpins all that students do
- supporting the Head of Campus in articulating and sustaining UWCSEA’s educational aims, ensuring that the High School is providing an exceptional experience for the students and that the balance between the elements of the UWCSEA Learning Programme is supported and maintained
- maintaining the High School’s reputation for excellence, and cherishing its special culture while, at the same time, ensuring that it continues to grow and evolve as a dynamic learning environment
- encouraging innovation amongst the teachers and students in the High School and fostering a spirit of cooperation between the two campuses
- inspiring teachers to continue to develop their own skills through inspiring professional development, in order to share responsibility and accountability for maintaining high standards throughout the High School
- working with the Head of Campus and other members of the Dover Campus Leadership Team in the development and implementation of the Campus Strategic Development Plan, the achievement of the strategic goals, and reporting to the Head of Campus on operations
- liaising closely with the High School Leadership Team on Dover campus and aligning practices within the principles of the ‘one College, two campuses’ approach
Our commitment to Child Safeguarding
UWCSEA takes very seriously its responsibility for safeguarding our students against abuse and neglect. We expect all staff and other adults associated with the College to share this commitment and to immediately report any concerns regarding a student’s safety or wellbeing. For details on reporting and responding to child safeguarding concerns please contact the College Safeguarding Lead.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
UWCSEA is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
How to apply
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Sunday, 19 September 2021.
By applying for this job, you are committed to meet the vaccination requirement by the Singapore Government. You may refer to https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/wphl/vaccination-requirements for the latest requirement.
United World College of South East Asia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
About UWC South East Asia
The pursuit of the UWC Mission to unite people nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future is at the heart of the College. As the largest of the 18 UWC Schools and Colleges worldwide, UWCSEA in Singapore has 5,50...