Full Time, Full Year - 36 hours per week, annualised
Annual Leave - 30 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
The North East’s leading independent girls’ day school has an exciting opportunity to appoint two highly motivated Level 4 HLTAs to work as part of an inspiring team and to lead on the school’s provision of day care during holiday periods.
Experience of working across the whole primary age range to support teaching and learning and provide specialist support is essential. The role will include classroom-based support during term time and responsibility for provision of Seahorse Club, including development and promotion of an exciting programme of activities and coordination of staffing our holiday club, during school holidays.
NHSG is fully committed to providing training and support to the successful candidate.
About the School
NHSG is a leading academic day school. Our girls are ambitious, bright, enthusiastic and eager to learn and we are a warm and supportive community. We occupy a site in suburban, leafy, Jesmond with excellent transport links. As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, including:
• Competitive rate of pay and conditions.
• Membership of Defined Contribution Pension Scheme which offers flexibility in terms of both contribution levels and retirement options.
• Access to the extensive GDST central training and development programme
• Training grants for obtaining further qualifications
• Discounted fees for children at GDST schools
• Lunches: free lunches are provided to all staff during term time
• Season Ticket Loans: Interest free loans for travel are available to staff to enable them to buy annual season tickets
• Computer Loans: Interest free loans are available to staff to enable them to buy a computer for personal use at home
• Cycle Scheme: The School is part of the scheme which enables staff to purchase bicycles and equipment at a tax advantageous rate and pay for the equipment over 12 months
• A great working environment, atmosphere and location
To apply for this position, please click the apply button.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd September at noon.
You must be available for interview week commencing 27th September.
NHSG and GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
NHSG and GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS. Applications will be considered only from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
Newcastle High School for Girls
Newcastle upon Tyne