Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Girls PE & Sports
Closing Date: 10 a.m. on Thursday 26th September 2019
Salary: SO1 £29766 to £30708 (pro-rata) Actual £26,746 to £27,592
Contract type: 36 hours per week (pro-rata), Term Time only
Contract term: Permanent / As soon as possible
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our Higher Level Teaching Assistants gain the right development to ensure successful personal and professional development that they require to progress. We have a proven track record of developing our Higher Level Teaching Assistants and supporting routes into teaching wherever possible. Heartlands High School is a great place to work. We aim to cultivate staff that are passionate about their students and seek to support exciting lessons which engage learners. We encourage teaching that is innovative. Our continuing professional development ensures that staff work together to improve their practice. We empower staff to support both students and other staff through a high expectations culture within the school.
The School is in the heart of Wood Green close to shops, over ground, underground and bus links. You will be joining an energetic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff who are working to provide an excellent education to a group of diverse and rewarding young people.
The successful candidates will be responsible for duties including:
• supporting students with special educational needs (SEN), EMTAG and EAL, or who are gifted and talented, Looked After, vulnerable or underachieving; and to ensure their inclusion in the classroom and school community
• supervising the girls’ changing rooms
• developing methods of supporting students, both within and outside the mainstream, in achieving success in PE at Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four
• assisting and supporting teachers in delivering high quality coaching.
• setting up and coaching out of school hours sports clubs, encouraging attendance in particular by children who do not usually participate in sport.
• contributing to the development of opportunities for girls in sport.
• contributing to the learning and motivation of all students
• assessing needs and developing and maintaining education and pastoral support plans
• building excellent relationships with students
• promoting inclusion in the school
Please contact our Human Resources department on 0208 826 1230 or send an email to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Closing date 10 a.m. on Thursday 26th September 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 3rd October 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
Heartlands High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Please click on "Quick Apply " to apply for this post today.