Contract Basis: Fixed term for one year in the first instance.
Interview Date: Interviews will take place adopting social distancing principles.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic HLTA to join the Science Department providing valuable additional support and capacity within the Faculty.
Specifically the HLTA will:
• Increase skilled support within the Faculty.
• Work in partnership with teaching staff to raise the learning and attainment of students.
• Support teaching staff to assess student needs and progress and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support learning and promote student independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
• Give support to students, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement.
• Provide priority support for Pupil Premium students who have additional needs not met by an EHCP.
• Provide EHCP support where required.
• Provide cover for absent Teachers within the department where required.
• Provide cover for absent Teaching Assistants where required.
• Provide support to the Head of Faculty.
• Have the flexibility to undertake a small number of timetabled lessons where required for an additional payment.
St George’s Academy is a large, successful, 11-18 mixed secondary school of 2,200 students (including 380 in the sixth form and 470 on our Ruskington Campus) with outstanding facilities in all areas. The Academy serves Sleaford, Ruskington and the surrounding Lincolnshire villages.
If you would like to join a very supportive team in an Academy of enthusiastic, friendly and dedicated staff, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please note that CVs are not acceptable.
Further details including the job description for the role and application forms are available from our website at www.st-georges-academy.org .
Should you have any questions you can contact us by email to email@example.com or by calling 01529 301162.
St George’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
St George's Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St George’s Academy was first established in May 1908, with 208 children on roll. The school was one of the first Technology Colleges; it has been Grant Maintained and was a Foundation School before becoming an Academy in January 2010. Th...