‘Be Ready; Be Responsible; Be Respectful’
Charter academy is a caring, positive and nurturing school.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a HLTA to work collaboratively with teaching staff using detailed knowledge and specialised skills and, on occasion, to take responsibility for teaching groups and whole classes.
We are a forward-thinking school and we are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our children; they are at the heart of everything we do. You would be joining an enthusiastic team focused on providing great opportunities for learning for all our pupils.
Equally, you would join us at an exciting time as we have recently joined Castle Phoenix Trust. The Trust is able to offer additional CPD links to staff and it prides itself on being the kind of place people want to work where everyone recognises the buzz of excitement and togetherness, whatever stage they are at in their career.
We have a wonderful building and well-equipped classrooms; we are able to offer forest school to all pupils. New this year, there has been a large amount of money invested in new reading books and each class is taking the time to design their own book corners, the results have been amazing – do come to visit us to take a look!
We are looking for someone who: -
• Has experience of working with children of relevant age or with general/specific special needs
• Has working knowledge of national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes
• Has the ability to relate well to children and adults
• Has the ability to lead a class
• Is able to support the Class Teacher in the planning and preparation of lessons.
• Has the ability to inspire, and enthuse
• Sets high expectations for all
• Has a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents, colleagues and the community
• Is a team player with a good sense of humour and a positive attitude
This post is being offered at 37 hours per week, Term Time only plus Teacher Training Days
Required as soon as possible until April 2022
We can offer: -
• Hard working colleagues and well-trained support staff who are passionate about what they do
• Pupils who are excited about learning new things
• A supportive trust and local governing body who are committed to helping the school move forwards
• A strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, through the trusts’ people strategy, and a range of benefits which include the provision of the teachers’ pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, an employee discount scheme and a commitment to developing the use of new technologies to support learning and streamline workload.
We are excited about our future – we would love to hear from you if you think you could be part of creating that future.
We would welcome visitors to the setting or can arrange a telephone conversation to find out more through an informal discussion with the Headteacher, Mrs Louise Stewart. Either way just email HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk to book your slot.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk www.tes.co.uk http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ or by email from HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Completed forms are returnable to HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Application deadline: 9.00 am 24th September 2021
Interview date: 28th or 30th September 2021
Due to the current coronavirus situations, interviews may be subject to date change. All interviews that do take place will do so in a safe environment observing government guidance under social distancing criteria. Please do continue to submit your application if you are interested in the opportunity. We will maintain contact with all candidates so you are clear of selection process arrangements if you are shortlisted.
These posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years