An exciting opportunity has become available for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (ASC) at Thornhill Community Academy. This post involves being a key member of a team of teachers and support staff to deliver outstanding specialist provision for children who have statements of special educational needs for complex, social and communication needs including Autism.
As an Academy, we are on an exciting journey towards our ambition of becoming ‘Outstanding’ and wish to welcome an inspiring and driven colleague who will share this goal.
We require an excellent, enthusiastic and experienced HLTA who has:
• HLTA status
• Is able to demonstrate high standards of numeracy and literacy
• Experience of working with secondary pupils in school for at least 2 years
• Experience of working with children who have complex communication & interactions needs
• Experience of teaching individuals & groups
• Ability to engage and influence others
• Excellent knowledge of best practice approaches to support those with complex communication & interaction needs.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• Ability to form positive relationships with parents/carers
• Commitment to the safeguarding of young people
• Ability to monitor and evaluate impact of interventions and strategies through a graduated approach
• Experience of coaching and line managing colleagues
• Working knowledge of relevant policies and codes of practice – e.g. Safeguarding and Special Educational Needs
• Ability to use ICT to support learning
• Experience of working with outside agencies in supporting students and families
• The ability to travel around the local area in an outreach capacity. Business car insurance essential
• Is willing to work flexibly within scope of overall hours, e.g. evening meetings
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
• Equip our staff to deliver their best every day, our belief is that by Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best is the key
• Encourage all our pupils to go beyond what they think they can achieve, to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives
• Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in pupils’ progress and development
• Never stop improving, developing and sharing our practice with others
• Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated
• Offer great benefits making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development
Thornhill Community Academy is one of our eight academies/schools within our trust and is part of a close-knit community well located for commute from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield. We encourage that you visit the Academy where a warm welcome awaits, you will see that Thornhill Community Academy:
• Offers an exceptional learning environment and facilities, alongside a wide range of professional learning and development opportunities;
• a vibrant place of learning and encouragement where children are happy, settled and confident;
• Has a broad and balanced curriculum that provides a memorable educational experience for all of its pupils;
• Aims to equip pupils with the attributes and attitude they need for their next stage of education
Please contact Julia Wood, Administration Manager on 01924 487731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or further information.
Closing date: Friday 9th April 2021
Interview date: TBC
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. The application pack must be downloaded from the jobs page of the SHARE MAT or Academy website which can be found on our career site. Alternatively, please contact Julia Wood on the above contact details.
SHARE MAT comprises of Beech Primary School, Cowlersley Primary School, Heaton Avenue Primary School, Luck Lane Primary School, Millbridge Junior, Infant and Nursery School,Royds Hall Community School, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
Thornhill Community Academy, A SHARE Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years