At the Esland Group, we are excited to be opening a new satellite centre as part of Oracle School Congleton. As such, we are recruiting for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, to support the staff and young people at the new site.
The role would be suitable for either an experienced HLTA or could also suit a Learning Support Assistant/TA who is looking for progression and is interested in working in a SEMH environment. As this role leads to 50% teaching responsibilities, we are keen to train and mentor staff to reach their HLTA status.
This role will be based in Rushton Spencer, Macclesfield, on a full time 39-week permanent basis and is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new provision, that will change children's lives for the better.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the set up and development of a new provision which will be part of Oracle School, supporting children with SEMH needs and where you can use your existing skills and knowledge of vocational pathways to contribute to its success.
We appreciate each of our team member’s experience and skills. We also know these make you unique and this is what will help shape and enrich the lives of the young people we look after. We also believe it is important that our team members share the same values as the wider organisation. As an organisation, we have a shared vision to be emotionally resilient, supportive leaders who provide accountable yet nurturing direction to each other and the young people we care for and educate.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant you will work with teachers to plan, organise and support teaching and learning activities for classes. The primary focus of the role is to undertake specified work with individuals and groups under the direction and supervision of a qualified teacher as well as to provide short-term cover supervision to whole classes on a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
What we need from you:
• Able to support the teaching and learning of a range of vocational skills.
• Experience working with young people between the ages of 14 -18 years old.
• Recent experience as a HLTA in a school/college/PRU/ alternative provision.
• Experience supporting pupils with social emotional and mental health difficulties.
• Commitment to promoting the inclusion of young people.
• A sense of humour and desire to contribute to a fun and inclusive learning environment.
• Able to liaise with and inspire confidence in young people, colleagues and parents/carers.
• Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
• A strong knowledge of effective safeguarding procedures.
What we can offer:
• Commitment to CPD
• A supportive, inclusive working environment
• Access to a wide range of benefits, including Perkbox and our pension scheme
• Staff recognition awards
• Competitive salary
Application forms to be submitted by midnight on 31st January 2021
Short listing will take place on 1 February 2021 with interviews held that same week.
The Esland Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Esland Isaac Newton School