Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Maths / Numeracy Specialist
Salary: SO1 £28356 to £30108 (pro-rata) Actual £ 24918 to £26458
Contract /term 36 hours per week, 40 weeks / Permanent
Post Tenable: September 2018
Heartlands High School is a new mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community the school will take 1080 students. Our recent Ofsted described the school as a “Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress.’’
Heartlands High School is looking to appoint an outstanding Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will work in the area of Mathematics. If you are a talented and ambitious individual who is serious about making a real difference to the lives of young people, then this might be the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
The successful candidates will be responsible for below duties:
· supporting students with special educational needs, EMTAG and EAL, or who are gifted and talented, Looked After, vulnerable or underachieving; and to ensure their inclusion in the classroom and school community
· taking a leading role in managing and delivering mathematical support to students
· assisting in the delivery of Maths
· developing methods of supporting students, both within and outside the mainstream, in achieving success in Maths at Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four
· developing and leading Maths learning groups for students with a range of abilities
· building the confidence of students to engage and achieve in the subject
For further information please contact our HR department at HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Closing date by no later than 10 a.m. on Monday 2nd July 2018. Interviews will on Friday 6th July 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.