Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Victoria Primary Academy, Wellingborough, Northants
NJC Scale point 19-22 (£19,446 - £21,074 FTE) (Actual Salary £13,554- £14,689 PA)
30 Hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus one week)
Required September 2018
This is an exciting opportunity for an excellent classroom practitioner to join the team at Victoria Primary Academy and help make a difference to the way we teach, the standard of education and the outcomes for children in our Academy. If you are willing to go the extra mile, have energy, creativity and enthusiasm you will enjoy working within our happy and dynamic school.
The role will be to work with PPG pupils based in Year 1/2, supporting learners both in and out of class and cover classes for short sessions of PPA or whole class cover, leading learning covering classes to enable teachers to be released for their leadership time or PPA.
· have Level 2 qualification in English and Maths and a Level 4 qualification in a relevant subject (for example Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards)
· have substantial experience of working with a diverse range of children with special needs and challenging behaviour
· have experience of leading learning in whole classes
· have a specialist skill in curriculum or a learning area
· can attend and contribute to regular review meetings about students’ progress
then we would love to hear from you.
Victoria Primary Academy is sponsored by an OUTSTANDING school (Ofsted 2015) and is part of the Hatton Academies Trust. This expanding Multi Academy Trust is a family of schools collaborating in all aspects of teaching, learning and school management. The Trust is dedicated to high standards of education for all our students, developing opportunities for all and passionate about lifelong learning. Victoria Primary Academy is in Wellingborough and serves 396 wonderful children and their families
You can find out more about this role by
· obtaining a candidate pack and application form from our website www.hattonacademiestrust.org.uk or by contacting Elaine Snell, Personnel Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 01933 221417
· contacting Hayley Scargill, Principal, for more information or to arrange an informal visit, on 01933 223323 or email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 15th June 2018
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from appropriately qualified persons regardless of gender, race, religion, disability or age. Hatton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure Bureau Service check and any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references.