Bernwode Schools Trust is seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible. The role will be based at The Cooper School but the post holder will be expected to work flexibly across all academy sites.
The post is to work 33.75 hours per week for 39 weeks per year (term-time only plus INSET days).
The starting salary will be Grade 6, point 8, currently £20,493 (full-time equivalent). The actual salary will be £16,032.79 per annum for the hours and weeks worked. On achieving the required HLTA qualification the salary will increase to Grade 8, point 18, currently £24,982 (full-time equivalent). The actual salary will be £19,737.60 per annum for the hours and weeks worked.
Candidates who already hold the relevant HLTA qualification will have a starting salary of Grade 8, point 18.
• competitive salary;
• an excellent pension scheme;
• regular training opportunities;
• friendly and supportive colleagues;
• an energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued.
We are looking for an individual who has:
• HLTA standards (level 4) or the equivalent foundation degree (level 5) or be willing to work towards them;
• experience of supporting students with Special Educational Needs;
• a willingness to attend training which is relevant to the post;
• effective oral and written communication skills;
• excellent interpersonal skills both in relation to students as well as other adults (including outside agencies);
• good organisation and time management skills;
• sound ICT skills to support learning and to maintain electronic information systems;
• ability to remain calm in challenging situations;
• ability to empathise with students’ primary carers;
• an awareness of responsibilities for health and safety of themselves and others;
• a commitment to safeguarding children.
Please contact Human Resources via email with any questions email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications:
Tuesday 19th January 2021, 9am
Bernwode Schools Trust have the right to interview and appoint at any time throughout this recruitment process. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Bernwode Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are available on our website.
The Cooper School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Bernwode Schools Trust
Bernwode Schools Trust (formerly Bicester Learning Academy) was formed on 1st July 2014 and is a multi-academy trust currently comprising of The Cooper School and Glory Farm Primary School. The academy is run by a board of Trus...