Higher Science Technician
Salary: Grade F (9-11) £20,903-£22,183 FTE
£17,333-£18,394 Pro rata Actual
Hours: 37 hours a week over 5 days- 38 weeks a year.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Midnight Tuesday 13th April 2021
We need a highly motivated, innovative and committed individual to provide comprehensive and effective support the Science Faculty. You will be working in a busy, vibrant and supportive environment where your reliability and forward planning will be essential
You will be co-ordinating the use of practical resources and facilities, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the faculty.
Why choose us?
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust, based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,781 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing 'A growth mind-set' and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mind-set.
What we offer?
• The chance to work in an outstanding school, in December 2010 the school was awarded "Outstanding" in every area.
• A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location
• To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• Onsite parking
• Pension Scheme
• Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
• Assists the relevant teaching staff through the preparation and assembly of apparatus and materials for class work and demonstrations.
• Construct apparatus, equipment and simple storage solutions
• Deliver practical resources /text books to classrooms.
• Clears away apparatus and materials at the end of the session.
• Assists in the day-to-day running of the laboratories, preparation and storerooms.
• Trialling practical activities if required, making modifications if needed and advising teaching staff of conclusions.
• Assisting other technicians.
The right candidate will
• Have an academic, technical or vocational qualification to GCSE A Level /NVQ Level 3 standard
• Have excellent use of IT packages
• Be able to establish good working relationships with the team, students and staff.
• Be well organised and manage own time
• Have a great sense of humour
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note that any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years