We are seeking to employ an experienced SEN Higher Level Teaching Assistant with expertise in supporting pupils with a range of needs.
Connect at HLS is a new, specialist provision within the mainstream school. The purpose of the centre is to provide bespoke support for pupils with varying Special Educational Needs and Disabilities to enable them to eventually access as much of the mainstream curriculum as possible and realise their full potential. The classes within the centre have a maximum ratio of 6 students: 1 teacher and 1 Higher Level Teaching Assistant, although Connect classes are often smaller when Connect pupils are accessing mainstream lessons.
This is a full-time post and is required from November 16th 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter). The closing date for applications will be subject to successful placement.
• To carry out the professional duties of a SEND Higher Level Teaching Assistant across the required age ranges and in accordance with the school’s policies under the direction of the Connect Centre Manager.
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils and contribute positively to life of Connect and of the school.
• To support children in Connect either 1:1 or in small groups.
• To support the teaching staff within the Base.
• To deliver interventions to children 1:1 or in small groups.
• To teach the class to allow the Teacher PPA time.
Hurst Lodge is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and as such all applications will be required to provide reference details and all successful applicants will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check and relevant training.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor international applicants.
Hurst Schools Limited
- English secondary schools
There is no such thing as a typical Hurst Lodge student. We are a non-selective Independent School taking boys and girls from three to eighteen offering exceptional and diverse teaching to support children and make their time at school happy and prod...