Gillingham Primary School has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced HLTA to join our team on 1st November 2021. The main purpose of the role is to deliver the planned curriculum to classes and groups of children in the absence of the class teacher. The position is suitable for a qualified teacher seeking to work at the HLTA level or a TA who has gained HLTA accreditation.
Your working hours will be Tuesday to Friday, 08.30 – 3.30pm with an hour for lunch.
The successful candidate will be committed to raising standards and skilled at building excellent relationships with children, staff and parents. You should have high expectations of children in terms of behaviour and learning and be able to demonstrate a dedication to working as part of a professional team.
You will also be:
- A confident individual who enjoys the company of both adults and children
- An excellent communicator, able to both listen and share your own thoughts and opinions
- Able to receive and use developmental feedback
- Committed to wanting the best for each and every child
- Patient and calm with a warm sense of fun
Your main duties will be:
- Delivering lessons to pupils during teachers’ PPA and Leadership time or other absence of the teacher.
- Planning and preparing lessons, under the direction of the class teachers
- Working with the wider teaching assistant team, for example, undertaking supervisory duties and/or delivering interventions.
- Supporting teachers in evaluating pupils’ learning needs and progress through a range of assessment activities, including marking and feedback.
We can offer you:
- Support and guidance from our experienced team
- Excellent development opportunities
- The chance to make a big difference to our school and the children within it.
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children in its care and candidates will be asked to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding children and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Applications should be made online via www.dorsetforyou.com/vacancies
Visit our website at www.gillinghamprimary.dorset.sch.uk for further details.
Gillingham Primary School