SPGS International School Chengdu is the first international school opened as a result of a partnership between SPGS International and Herald Education Hong Kong.
SPGS International schools will advocate a growth mindset to create future global leaders and valued citizens by blending the core ethos and DNA from St Paul’s Girls’ School in London with international and Chinese culture. The school will create a space for children to learn, grow and thrive physically, emotionally and academically. Each child will have exceptional learning experiences and support to achieve their full potential academically, socially and emotionally.
As an international school in China, we fully value the culture of both English and Chinese. We tailor our curriculum with the educational resources in Chengdu, which aims to broaden and deepen pupils’ appreciation of culture and nature.
We are looking for a highly qualified, dedicated, creative, adaptable, and energetic Homeroom Teacher (Primary) for an August 2021 start. We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to inspire children, and the willingness to support the ambition, values and breadth of the school life.
- Qualified Teacher Status (UK), PGCE, or Degree in Education/Teaching or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of relevant teaching experience in schools in the UK.
- Experience and confidence to teach 6-10 year-old age range.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in the UK National Primary Curriculum framework.
- A good understanding of how children’s learning is affected by their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development and to understand the stages of child development.
PROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE AND CONDUCT
- The ability to understand, empathise with and enjoy the culture, ethos and values of SPGS International.
- Flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures and situations.
- Openness to exploring innovative approaches from across the educational field.
- The ability to uphold the Code of Conduct of SPGS International.
- Good communication skills.
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Fairness, kindness and warmth.
To Apply: Candidates should complete the application form and submit this along with cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and early application is therefore encouraged.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online or in-face interview process depending on location.It is expected that the successful candidate will take up the position in August 2021.
SPGS International School Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
SPGS International School Chengdu
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years