Position: Hospitality Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
Incentives: ITAS and IPRASS Allowances
Closing Date: Monday, 20 September 2021
Good Shepherd College, Mount Isa is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 450 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff, and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff, and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect.
Townsville Catholic Education supports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Burdekin and Whitsunday regions in the south, and north to Ingham and Halifax, south-west to Winton, and west to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
About the role
Good Shepherd Catholic College, Mount Isa is seeking an experienced and dedicated Hospitality Teacher. This role is a Full Time, Permanent position commencing in Term 1, 2022. The successful candidate will be required to hold a TAE40116 - Cert 4 Training and Assessment. As this position will be required to teach a Cert 2 in Hospitality, it is a requirement that the successful candidate will possess a minimum Cert 2 or higher in Hospitality or similar.
- To have knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate, and provide for, a diverse range of abilities
- To have the ability to collaborate and work positively as a part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
- ITAS and IPRASS Allowances
- Subsidised Accommodation
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
For more information about Salary and Benefits (including additional benefits for rural and remote areas), click here.
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 20 September 2021.
View other vacancies here
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education