Sevenoaks School is looking to appoint a Housekeeper/Cleaner. The role will report to the Cleaning Supervisor.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure that all areas of the house, including bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and showers, are cleaned according to work schedules and set standards.
• To maintain all kitchen areas in a hygienic condition, including washing up as required.
• To tidy rooms, including making beds.
• To dust/damp wipe and polish surfaces, but without disturbing any paperwork unless asked.
• To ensure that all floors are maintained to a high level of cleanliness.
• To ensure that all cleaning materials and chemicals are stored in a tidy, safe and hygienic condition.
• To report all defects to the Headmaster.
• To assist the Headmaster and his family in errands where appropriate e.g. shopping, dry cleaning etc.
• To assist with household chores as directed, such as ironing, tidying, preparing food and tables.
• To maintain a strong and co-operative relationship with the Headmaster and his family.
• To follow Health & Safety procedures and safe working practices, appropriate to the task in hand.
• To perform any other tasks as reasonably required by the Headmaster or other senior members of the site management.
The Headmaster’s Housekeeper/Cleaner should possess the following qualities:
• Understands and maintains the need for absolute confidentiality
• Be reliable and punctual
• Have previous cleaning experience
• Be able to work unsupervised
• Have good communication skills and a professional manner
• Be flexible, adaptable and thorough
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Academic excellence, with a strong pastoral and co-curricular emphasis and a global dimension.
Sevenoaks School is a large, co-educational HMC school. Founded in 1432 by William Sevenoke, the school has over the last 50 years developed an internati...