We are seeking a part time Physical Education and Dance Teacher, plus Sports Coordinator. This may be split into two roles: Dance Teacher, Tuesdays (3 to 5 hours); and Physical Education Teacher plus Sports Coordinator, Wednesdays (6 hours) and Thursdays (2 to 6 hours). The Physical Education Teacher and Sports Coordinator role may include additional hours/days to coordinate the likes of sports carnivals and possibly attend school camps.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• appropriate qualifications and experience;
• eligibility for accreditation to teach in a Catholic School;
• a passion for health, physical education and dance;
• knowledge and successful experience with the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education, and Dance;
• knowledge and successful experience as a school sport’s coordinator, including an ability to organise and run school sporting events;
• effective communication skills;
• an ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers;
• the proven capacity to differentiate teaching and learning;
• an understanding of effective implementation of key elements of the BCE ELT initiative.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the online application form. Applicants need to clearly identify if they are applying for the 1. Physical Education and Dance Teacher, plus Sports Coordinator, OR 2. Dance Teacher, OR 3. Physical Education and Sports Coordinator position.
St Peter Chanel is situated in The Gap and draws on the traditions and ethos of the Marist fathers and the Sisters of Charity who founded our school. The school is set in beautiful grounds and is well resourced. We provide an inclusive curriculum and environment that caters for approximately 370 students from Prep to Year 6. As a Catholic parish school, we promote a welcoming and vibrant community where respectful and positive relationships are fostered with our parents, carers and the parish community.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2020 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 3 days/wk - Tue to Thu
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Margo Carwardine
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3300 1202
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window