The Laurus Trust is a highly successful and growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England, with Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS), the founder school, at its centre. Our vision is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them.
The nucleus of the Trust is our multi-functional and dedicated Central Services Team who provide continuous operational support to all of our schools across the Trust. This includes HR, Payroll, Finance, Marketing, IT, Estates & Facilities, and Data & Exams. Each team works tirelessly to ensure all services run smoothly and efficiently, enabling our teaching staff to focus on delivering an outstanding education for our students. As a part of the Laurus Trust family, you will play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust.
Due to continued growth and success, we have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Administrator to join our dedicated and friendly HR Team. This role would suit a pro-active and highly organised individual who can work well both within a team and on one’s own initiative.
- Act as the first point of contact for the administration and delivery of the full recruitment cycle.
- Support with the onboarding of all new staff members.
- Manage the inbox and telephone line queries in a friendly and professional manner.
- Draft and coordinate the posting of job advertisements
- Send out internal and external interview invites and track attendance.
- Carry out all types of employment referencing.
- Liaise with our occupational health provider.
- Accurately input data into the HR and Payroll system.
- Provide reporting on HR and Recruitment metrics.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are in place and clearly communicated.
- Support with the application of the visitor’s policy and procedures.
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure a seamless and efficient service is offered at all times
Key Skills & Experience
- Ideally possess prior experience within an administrative role
- Must possess a sound educational background including GCSE’s in Maths and English (A*-C) or equivalent
- A willingness to work towards CIPD 3 or equivalent qualification relevant to the role
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritise a varying workload
- Excellent planning and organisational skills are essential
- Experience of working in a HR Team, school, and knowledge of Safer Recruitment Guidelines would be advantageous
We offer a wide range of employee benefits to all of our staff in return for their commitment to our schools, and to help contribute towards improving their well-being. These can be found in the Candidate Applicant Pack.
At the Laurus Trust, it is not just about what we do but also about how we do it. Our core behaviours detailed below provide guidance on the expectations we have of our staff. It is essential that any employee joining the Trust is able to demonstrate some or all of these behaviours on a regular/daily basis:
- Adaptable - Open to change, to be flexible
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, offer ideas, challenge the norm
- Hard Working - Strong work ethic, prepared to go the extra mile
- Inclusive - Treat others fairly and equally
- Engaged - Involved/absorbed in your work, participate at all times
- Value - Add value to your role, your team and the Trust
- Enquiring - Have an enquiring mind, curious, improve and find solutions
- Motivated - Pro-active, wanting to achieve goals, willingness to try, can do attitude
- Encouraging - Giving/offering support and confidence to others, working together
- Navigator - Providing guidance, leading when necessary
- Tenacious - Perseverance, never giving up, whatever it takes
Applying to the Laurus Trust
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time of continuous progression and growth, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about The Laurus Trust, or for further information relating to the role and the School you’re applying to, please download the Candidate Information Pack or visit https://www.laurustrust.co.uk/
Please note: an application form must be completed as CV’s will not be accepted. To complete an application form please click ‘Quick Apply’.
Disability Confident Committed
The Laurus Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities for all candidates. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we strongly encourage applications from all persons with a known disability, and we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, talents and abilities.
If you would prefer to request a manual application pack, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 485 7201 or via e-mail at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd September 2021 at 9.00am
Interview Date: TBC – we reserve the right to interview prior to the closing date
The Laurus Trust and its affiliated schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Laurus Trust
- English secondary schools