Required as soon as possible
Grade 4: Salary Range £26,470 – £33,136 (actual salary £23,722 - £29,697 pa) (subject to knowledge and experience)
36.5 hours per week, term time only + 1 week
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP) is a highly successful multi-academy trust (MAT) encompassing 3 secondary schools. 7 primary schools, a Teaching School, and SCITT. Our MAT is currently expanding and will soon be 14 schools; 5 secondary and 9 primary, all based in north Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield and North Warwickshire. We also provide school to school support to schools outside of the MAT.
As The ATLP grows and develops further an exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Adviser to join our team, providing timely and high quality advice, guidance and support to leaders and staff within the MAT.
The successful candidate will ensure that effective people management contributes to the strategic development and direction of the schools within the partnership. The primary aim is to support leaders in schools so that they may focus on raising standards and student achievement.
You will be involved in a broad range of HR areas including recruitment, retention, employee relations, safeguarding, pay/reward/benefits, performance management/appraisal, attendance, organisational change, equality and diversity, etc.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and responsive HR professional whose confidence, credibility and sound expertise will be of key importance to the role. Ideally qualified to MCIPD level, (but not essential) you must have a clear and extensive knowledge, understanding and ability to apply employment law and good HR practice, with a commitment to on-going CPD.
The successful candidate will;
· Be a professional, highly motivated individual
· Have excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills, able to communicate and network effectively with all stakeholders at all levels.
· Be resilient, flexible and able to demonstrate an ability to work well in a very busy environment, remaining calm under pressure.
· Be committed to delivering consistently high standards
· Be methodical, well organised and display an appropriate level of confidentiality, child protection/safeguarding, data protection/GDPR and security awareness.
· Be able to demonstrate a high level of ICT, English and Numeracy skills
· Able to demonstrate previous success at delivering a first-class HR service
· Able to work both on their own initiative and be a team player
· Be able to deliver presentations with confidence and clarity to a wide audience
· Demonstrate a commitment to collaborative working through coaching and mentoring
· Previous experience in a school/academy setting would be an advantage.
The successful person will provide HR support to all the schools across the MAT, so we are looking for someone who is flexible and who is willing to work in any school within the MAT. Ability to travel across the MAT is essential.
If you are interested in joining The ATLP at this exciting time, please apply using the application form found on our web site www.atlp.org.uk/vacancies where you will also find a job description, person specification and further details about our schools.
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing date: 10th December 2018 at midday
The ATLP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.