The Sigma Trust
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3 £18,933 (Point 4 - 5)
Full Time (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Sigma is a multi-academy trust, responsible for 12 schools and a teacher training provider in Colchester and Tendring, employing 1,600 staff. As an HR Assistant you will provide confidential and comprehensive administrative support to the HR team, incorporating the whole recruitment process, maintaining management information systems and personnel files, and elements of the employee life cycle.
We’re looking for you if you have…
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A real interest in human resources and/or recruitment work – previous experience would be an advantage, but not essential, as full training will be given
• This post might suit a recent graduate
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Support the Recruitment and HR Officers with the recruitment process including: placing job advertisements, requesting references, arranging interviews, receiving candidates’ documentation, carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks including safeguarding, visas and right to work, preparing contracts of employment
• Carry out HR and recruitment administration across multiple academies, in accordance with the appropriate Trust policies and procedures, including data entry, maintaining records and preparing letters
• Support HR team colleagues in providing operational support in all aspects of Human Resources
(Full details can be found in the Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust CPD training programme that enables you to flourish, including the opportunity to gain a professional CIPD HR qualification
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Comprehensive employee benefits including: pension scheme, discount at the on-site nursery, access to an Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice, Cycle to Work Scheme, eye care plan, annual free flu vaccination, and discounted cinema tickets.
We are ideally looking for someone who can work 37 hours per week, all year, but we are happy to consider applications from those who are able to offer fewer hours or weeks per year.
For additional information about the Trust please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 20th May 2021
Interviews will take place on a date to be confirmed
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust
Clacton on Sea, Essex
- English secondary schools
The Sigma Trust is a local partnership of twelve academies in North East Essex, formally established in September 2016. The Trust currently consists of eight secondary schools, one primary, two junior schools and an infant and nursery school.