HR Business Partner (Senior)
Salary: Within the range £23,784 to £26,019 (or up to £28,418 for an exceptional candidate)
Closing Date: Sunday 14th July 2019
Interview Date: Provisionally arranged for Friday 19th July 2019
Due to growth and following a period of significant organisational change, a new and fantastic opportunity has become available for a Senior HR Business Partner to join our dedicated HR team on a full-time permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. Following the recent merger with Accrington and Rossendale College, the post will be based at the College’s Accrington site, but will support the delivery of HR services across Nelson and Colne College, Accrington and Rossendale College and Lancashire Adult Learning.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced HR professional, who alongside delivering an outstanding HR Business Partner service to identified Divisions/Departments within the College, will also provide support to HR colleagues in dealing with serious and complex employee relations issues. Additionally the successful candidate will work with the HR Manager to ensure an effective and timely HR service is delivered across the organisation.
The main duties include:
Working as an HR Business Partner, supporting college managers and staff within identified departments:
• To provide advice and guidance on employee relations issues including but not limited to disciplinary, grievance, performance management and sickness absence in line with College policies and procedures, employment law and best practice.
• To be responsible for coordinating and overseeing recruitment activity, providing advice and guidance on the College’s policy and procedure, ensuring a fair and effective process and representing the HR team on selection panels.
As Senior HR Business Partner you will also be required:
• To support with/lead on serious and complex employee relations matters across the College, e.g. dismissals, appeals, restructures, redundancy.
• Along with the HR Manager, to provide support and coaching for HR Business Partners.
• To support the HR Manager in the development and review of the College’s HR policies and procedures, ensuring these are implemented effectively and consistently across the College.
• To support the College’s employee relations agenda through involvement in the Joint Consultative Committee.
The ideal candidates will have:
• CIPD Level 5 / Degree level qualification in a relevant subject
• CIPD Level 7 / Postgraduate level qualification in a relevant subject (Desirable)
• Experience of providing advice and support to managers/senior managers on a wide range of complex HR issues
• Confidence in building relationships with managers/senior managers and ability to persuade, influence and negotiate
• Knowledge of effective people management practices and processes, with up to date employment law/professional knowledge
• Experience of working within Further Education, or a related sector (Desirable)
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.