Humanities and Drama Teacher
Job No: TCE225
Location: St Margaret Mary's Catholic College - Hyde Park
Start Date: ASAP/Term 3 2019
Tenure: Part-Time, Ongoing
Position: Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays - Semester 2
Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 pro rata
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Margaret Mary's College is a Townsville Girls Catholic High School, founded as in 1963 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The College accepts enrolments from girls Years 7 to 12, and offers a wide variety of subjects and vocational programs. The College is also noted for its many extracurricular activities, its commitment to students with special needs and its variety of service opportunities for students.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Humanities/Drama Teacher to teach the combination to Junior Secondary (7-10) for Semester 2 (Term 3 and 4).
The successful applicant will have a thorough knowledge of the curriculum with an informed pedagogy.
The Humanities and Drama Teacher is responsible to the Principal through the relevant members of the College Leadership Team and the Faculty Leader
- For the development and implementation for the designated areas of curriculum;
- For the students, fellow employees and his/her health, safety and welfare;
- For the maintenance any place or equipment designated or chosen for specific activities.
Responsibilities and teaching standards are aligned with the National Professional Standards commensurate with that of a Proficient Teacher.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and skilled in teaching Drama and Humanities- (Graduates welcome to apply)
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Modern facilities and equipment
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
- Leadership development programs
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Maternity Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Orientation and induction programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you are a skilled Drama and Humanities Teacher or a passionate Graduate, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach a cover letter introducing yourself, expressing why you are interested in the position and why you are the best fit for this role
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply, please include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications Close: 9.00am Monday 15th July 2019
To find out more about the role