Teacher of Humanities- SEN / SEMH Specialist
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate Humanities Teacher to join our team at Arc School, Ansley. Arc School Ansley is an independent day school near Nuneaton for children and young people aged between 11 and 16 who have social, emotional & behavioural problems. The school supports pupils with various educational and social needs, some of which are associated with the challenges of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, attachment disorder, autism, dyslexia and dyspraxia. At Arc our students benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience. Due to the needs of our Young People experience of teaching SEN/SEMH or ASC students is beneficial.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver programmes at National Curriculum and GCSE
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Arc Old Arley School handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities, including driving the school vehicle
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an allocated class within Arc School, for a detailed breakdown a job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience
- Enthusiasm and creative approach to teaching
- Experience of working with children with SEMH, Behaviour difficulties or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
- The support to progress in your career
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with young people then we would love to hear from you.
For more information please contact Liam Slater on 07773 964 455 or email l.slater @kedlestonschools.com
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. kedlestonschools.com