The International School of Como is a lively, friendly and expanding school located in the beautiful Como area.
ISC mission is to empower all students to be active, reflective and responsible life-long learners who can achieve their full potential and contribute to an ever-changing world. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
ISComo is a recognized IB World school, authorized to offer the full International Baccalaureate (IB) continuum: the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18).
The International School of Como was founded in September 2002, to serve both Italian nationals looking for an international education and international families living in the Como area. In September 2011 we moved into our definitive purpose built campus in the nearby village of Fino Mornasco, 6 km South of the beautiful lake Como. Our modern and spacious campus was designed to foster collaborative approaches to teaching and learning. We feel lucky with our three brand new science laboratories fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, two big central libraries, as well as studios for visual arts, drama and music, supported by the sports facilities.
ISC currently has an enrollment of 330 students representing over 42 nationalities, with over 70 dedicated faculty and administration.
More information about the school can be found on our school’s dedicated TES page at https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/-1058509 as well as on our website at http://www.iscomo.com . The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to Inspired, (www.inspirededu.co.uk ), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
ISC seeks to appoint a teacher of Humanities (known by the IB terminology as “Individuals and Societies”) to join our middle school department. Applicants must have experience in teaching Humanities (such as IB MYP, DP, IGCSEs, A-levels) and be excited by the challenge of joining a dynamic and professional team.
This part-time vacancy will involve teaching predominantly on our MYP courses from MYP1 to MYP3. We also expect close collaboration within the EAL and English department.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic teacher with experience of enabling pupils to achieve their potential. We are looking for the right balance between experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching which will inspire our students.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole. An understanding of how to develop students whose first language is not English will be important.
• Hold an EU passport
• Appropriate degree and teaching certification
• Minimum of two years Humanities teaching experience
• Demonstrated understanding of current research in teaching and learning
• Ability to write and develop curriculum in History and Geography
• Ability to work as a team member within a department and in an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to develop students in Humanities where English is an additional language
• Commitment to the IB standards and practices
• Superior communication skills
• Experience in an international or multicultural school
• IB Diploma & Middle Years Programme experience
Salaries and Benefits
• Nationally competitive salary and benefits.
• The position is on a part-time basis and on fixed term until June 2020 but with the possibility of converting the contract into a full time and permanent position of employment in the future year.
• Tax free status for two years if moving from outside of Italy
• Moving and settling in allowance
• Free lunches at school
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a single PDF to the Head of School, Mrs. Ferloni, at firstname.lastname@example.org including the followings:
· A letter outlining your educational philosophy,
· CV with photo;
· Contact details of three referees (one of which must be supervisor from most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face.
We are planning for an immediate start.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks.
Deadline: Friday September 15th, 2019
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as we require an immediate start.