IB and MS Visual Arts teacher
ISN seeks a Visual Arts teacher who will provide excellent instruction and learning opportunities for Middle and High School Visual Arts classes in alignment with ISN’s vision and mission, as well as supporting Globeducate events when appropriate for the department. The ideal candidate will have strong drawing and painting skills as well as an ability to work in 3D.
All teachers at ISN are expected to effectively develop and deliver the curriculum to excellent standards.
Teaching responsibilities: ● Plan and prepare learning activities and guide students towards the achievement of curriculum objectives ● Use a range of instructional techniques and media consistent with available resources and student needs and capabilities ● Expand the students' use of individual and collaborative strategies to generate concepts and ideas ● Incorporate new technologies and tools in the creative process ● Teach students how to identify elements of art and design and apply them to create concepts ● Further the students' knowledge of visual arts and media through art theory and history ● Develop an aesthetic understanding and appreciation that allows students to make qualitative judgments about art ● Enable students to create a functional portfolio of their art works ● Plan, coordinate and prepare art displays and exhibitions for the school and community ● Evaluate each student's performance on a continual basis ● Prepare evaluative student reports ● Ensure the required standards of classroom management and student behavior are met
Responsibilities specifically related to student safety and student support:
● Collaborate with the SENCO and the EAL Coordinator to ensure that teachers are aware of students' specific learning needs.
● Ensure that students who meet requirements have inclusive assessment arrangements.
● Ensure all activities are carried out with due regard to health, safety and safeguarding, in accordance with the Child Protection Policy.
● Trained in Safeguarding and Duty of Care. Education and Experience ● Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or equivalent ● Qualified teaching certificate/licensure appropriate for grade level and subject area ● Solid working knowledge of the concepts, activities and techniques related to teaching the Visual Arts at the required level ● Strong foundation in classroom management
● Positive, creative, collaborative leader
● Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
● Flexible, resilient, supportive team player
● Passionate about learning
● Effective communicator
● Diplomatic, proactive, problem-solver
● Interculturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
● Well organized and efficient
● Able to meet deadlines
International School of Nice ISN
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
The International School of Nice (ISN) is a private, co-educational day school for children from preschool through to Grade 12. The school was founded more than four decades ago for globally-mobile families aspiring to interna...